Goodbye, Heath

Well, I'm obviously behind on updating here, as it's now 2008 and I've yet to post.

I'll get back into that shortly, but I just had to write something about Heath Ledger's passing. He was one of my favorite actors of the past decade and although I've seen most of his performances the one I still liked the most was the first one I saw: his role as Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You.

It is hard to imagine him taking his own life, and from what I've read it sure seems like he was having a hard time getting sleep lately. Perhaps he just made the unfortunate mistake of trying too many of his different medications at once and paid the ultimate price. Whatever happened, it's a great loss to the entertainment industry and he is one of a handful of actors whose performances I was always interested in seeing.

This is a little absurd, but with HBO having the rights to George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series now, one of my casting hopefuls for one of the characters in the story was Heath Ledger as Ser Loras Tyrell.

But that is neither here nor there now, and there is no sense in wallowing. Of course it's not like he was family or a friend, but it is always a shame to see such a wonderful life cut short like this. So I'll just say goodbye to ya Heath and thanks for all the great acting. Here is one of my favorite scenes of yours:

Comments

Unknown said…
The death of one so young seems so tragic.

Popular Posts