Spiral Out, Keep Going

Wanted to share a little something with you here. This should provide some insight into what drives my everyday philosophy. These words capture quite well how I view the world around me and how I approach it.

It is about that on a conscious and literal level, however it is also so much more. Perhaps in reading it you will get a glimpse of what I mean. Or you could go one better and listen to the words, which are part of my favorite song by Tool. It's called "Lateralus" and this is a part of that song:

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, let's me see
There is so much more and beckons me to look through to these
Infinite possibilities

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn outside the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Feed my will to feel this moment
Urging me to cross the line
Reaching out to embrace the random
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come

I embrace my
Desire to
Feel the rhythm, to
Feel connected
Enough to step aside and
Weep like a widow, to
Feel inspired, to
Fathom the power, to
Witness the beauty, to
Bathe in the fountain, to
Swing on the spiral, to
Swing on the spiral, to

Swing on the spiral of
Our divinity and
Still be a human

I'm reachin' up and reachin' out, I'm reachin' for the random or
Whatever will bewilder me, whatever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been

Spiral out
Keep going
Spiral out
Keep going
Spiral out
Keep going

Spiral out!
Keep going


I enjoy writing this blog immensely, and creating it has greatly improved my experiences here in New Zealand. Most of all, it has been outstanding to have an attentive audience for this, and for that I am humbly grateful to you all.

But I'm going to put it down for a little while, knowing only that I will certainly come back to it. Just not when. In the meantime, please keep the above words written by Maynard James Keenan in mind, and push the envelope a little bit.

Cheers!

Brooksie

Comments

Om said…
Funny how the entire world is quoting MJK these days. When a politician does it- I'm gonna 'turn emo' and slit my wrists!
Lateralus was a gread album, in my opinion their best. Good choice to end a blog. Enjoy.

Peace,
Candi
Awww, it's because I haven't been posting isn't it... damnit, I'm sorry. I'm sitting here today reading through all the ones I have missed lately, and as I said before I'm sorry for the delay. I know you understand, and I hope you also know that I would MUCH rather be reading your blog than doing homework, obviously. I hope that this time that you take off is enjoyed and that you return soon with lots of really great stores to tell! Take Care, and hopefully I will talk with you again soon! :) Email, facebook, msn me anytime! :)
Kiwi Brooksie said…
Candi - Wow, what an incredible blog you have there. Thanks for the compliments and I'll be stopping by your site regularly.

Lyndsay - I am so sorry you feel badly about not posting! Please don't! Though I have missed your comments, I know you're never far away and you're always so diligent about posting here, you truly are excellent blog company :) You should feel glad you are so disciplined and my decision to take a little break from the blog has nothing to do with your being busy! You rock and I know that, blog or no blog, we will always be friends! Cheers :)

Popular Posts